RED VELVET CHEESECAKE
This Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake is made with layers of moist red velvet cake and thick and creamy cheesecake! If you’ve ever had the cheesecake by the same name at The Cheesecake Factory and loved it, this is the perfect recipe to make at home!
- 24 oz (678g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup (207g) sugar
- 3 tbsp (24g) all purpose flour
- 1 cup (230g) sour cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
RED VELVET CAKE LAYERS
- 2 1/2 cups (325g) all purpose flour
- 2 cups (414g) sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 tsp (9g) natural unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (240ml) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup (120ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 4 tsp red food coloring
- 1 cup (240ml) hot water
- Preheat oven to 300°F (148°C). Line the entire inside of a 9-inch (23cm) cake pan with aluminum foil. Press it into the pan to get it as flat as you can. You’ll use the aluminum foil to lift the cheesecake out of the pan when it’s baked and cooled.
- • In a large mixer bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar and flour together until combined. Use low speed to keep less air from getting into the batter, which can cause cracks. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the sour cream, and vanilla extract and mix on low speed until well combined.