Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry is an easy 30 minute meal for any night of the week! This simple recipe is the perfect copycat takeout.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic — pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts — cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Green onions — for serving
- Rice — for serving
- Whisk together water, soy, honey, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add oil to the pan. When hot, add the chicken pieces in a single layer. Brown on one side about 5 minutes then turn and cook until almost cooked through (5-8 more minutes, depending on the size of the pieces)
- Add the teriyaki sauce to the pan and cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix cornstarch with 1-2 teaspoons of cold water to make a slurry. Add it to the pan and stir to combine. Cook a few more minutes, the sauce will boil and thicken. Once thickened, remove from heat.
- Serve hot over rice with a garnish of green onions.