Steakhouse Style Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 5 pounds red potatoes unpeeled
- 5 cloves garlic whole
- ½ cup salted butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a large pot over high heat.
- Meanwhile, cut the unpeeled potatoes into 1 inch cubes or chunks. Place the potatoes chunks and garlic cloves into the boiling chicken broth and boil until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Strain the potatoes from the broth and put the cooked potatoes into a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the butter, cream cheese, buttermilk, and salt. Use a masher to mash the potatoes and other ingredients until everything is melted, combined, and completely mashed.