SM ASHED POTATOES RECIPE WITH HERBSThis Smashed Potatoes Recipe is a fun little side dish. They're nice and soft with just a little bit of crispy coating from the skin. I love using baby potatoes for these smash potatoes because they're the perfect size. Smashed Baby Potatoes are like a mix between fries and mini baked potatoes...or somewhere in between! They are just so tasty!
- 12 Baby Yukon Gold Potatoes I love the tiny potatoes for this recipe.
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Opt. - favorite herbs Rosemary, Dill, Parisien
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Steam or boil the potatoes until tender. (steaming is my preference)
- Spray a foil-lined baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Drizzle the sheet pan with olive oil.
- Place the cooked and dried potatoes on the baking sheet and leave 2 inches between potatoes.
- Use a potato masher and press gently but firmly on each potato until flattened.
- Drizzle olive oil over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with favorite herbs like Thyme, Rosemary or Parisien.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 20-25 minutes until golden and crispy on the bottom.