SHREDDED BEEF AND SWEET POTATO TACOS
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chuck roast
- 1 (14.5 ounce) low sodium beef broth
- 2 sweet potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 (1 ounce) packet low sodium taco seasoning (divided)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (we used Frank's)
- 2 Tablespoons Cilantro (chopped)
- 6 flour tortillas
- Place roast in slow cooker. Pour low sodium beef broth over top and cook on low for 6 hours.
- During the last 30 minutes of cooking time, cook the sweet potatoes by placing them in a skillet with the onion and taco seasoning (reserve 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning for the dipping sauce).
- Pour water over all. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add olive oil and cook for a few minutes longer or until potatoes are fork tender and start to brown.
- In another bowl make the dipping sauce by mixing the sour cream, hot sauce, and 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning until smooth and creamy. Set aside for dipping.
- When beef is done cooking, shred with a fork.
- Add beef to the potato mixture and stir together.
- Spoon onto tortillas and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve with dipping sauce made above.