Sesame Mango Chicken
An EASY Asian-inspired recipe with tender sesame chicken, juicy mango, and soy-garlic-ginger infused cabbage and carrots. One skillet, ready in 15 minutes, and perfect for busy weeknights!
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.25 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, diced into small pieces
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- one 14 to 16-ounce bag coleslaw mix (shredded green cabbage and carrots)
- 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- about 1.5 to 2 cups mango, diced in 1-inch cubes (frozen may be substituted)
- 2/3 cup peanuts (I use either honey-roasted or salted)
- about 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, for garnishing
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, for garnishing
- To a large skillet add the oils, chicken, and cook over medium-high heat until done, about 5 minutes; flip chicken intermittently to ensure even cooking.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and cook for about 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add the coleslaw mix (looks like a lot but wilts quickly), evenly drizzle the soy sauce (if you like your dishes on the ‘saucy’ side use 2/3 cup), hoisin sauce, add the pepper, stir to combine, and cook for about 5 minutes, or until cabbage is wilted and tender; stir intermittently.
- Remove from the heat, add the mango, peanuts, and stir to combine.
- Evenly sprinkle with cilantro, sesame seeds, and serve immediately. Recipe will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.