Garlic Herb Smashed Potatoes
- 1.5 lbs. baby gold potatoes
- olive oil
- salt to season
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In a small bowl, add garlic cloves, parmesan cheese, and fresh thyme. Mix together and set aside.
- Add potatoes to a pot and fill with water until potatoes are just covered.
- Bring water to a boil, reduce to simmer and simmer for 15 minutes. (or until tender)
- Drain potatoes and place on a baking sheet. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Using the back of a wooden spoon or your palm, smash the potatoes.
- Drizzle potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with sea, repeat process on the other side.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven and flip.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle each potatoes with the parmesan garlic herb mixture.