Creamy Tuscan Tortellini Soup
This creamy Tuscan Tortellini Soup is crazy delicious and can made quickly in just one pot! Each luscious bowl is loaded with cheesy tortellini, fresh veggies, and tender white beans for a filling and flavorful soup!
- 1 medium onion
- 4 carrots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1-2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP Italian seasoning blend Mrs. Dash is my favorite
- 1/2-1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2-3 TBSP butter
- 3 TBSP flour
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 14.5 oz canned fire roasted tomatoes
- 15.5 oz can white beans (drained and rinsed)
- 9 oz refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- grated parmesan cheese
- red pepper flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- fresh chopped basil
- Peel and finely dice your carrots and onion. Peel 4 cloves of fresh garlic and finely mince.
- Heat 1-2 TBSP oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrots and. Sauté until tender, approx. 5-6 minutes, adding garlic towards the very end to prevent over-browning. Season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Next add 2-3 TBSP butter and, once melted, whisk in flour and cook for an additional minute or two, stirring often. This will give the soup a little extra thickness but can 100% be skipped if desired.
- Add broth, fire-roasted tomatoes, white beans.
- Bring soup to a rolling boil, then reduce heat to low/simmer to allow the flavors to mingle and the carrots/onion to fully soften. Cover and simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Once the veggies have reached your ideal tenderness, bring the soup back up to a medium simmer and add your fresh tortellini and heavy cream. Allow the tortellini to simmer approx. 5 minutes until tortellini is tender and the cream has thickened.
- Lastly chop your spinach and stir into the hot soup to wilt the greens. If desired you can add an extra cup of broth. Give it a taste and add any extra seasoning your heart desires plus your favorite toppings (grated parm and fresh basil for me!). Dive in while it's hot!