Chocolate Pistachio Cookies
Chocolate cookies with chocolate chunks, pistachios, and a sprinkling of sea salt. These cookies are a great Christmas cookie or any day cookie!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup Dutch processed cocoa
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks can use chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- Sea salt for sprinkling on cookies
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, sea salt, and cocoa. Set aside.
- 3. With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth, for about 2-3 minutes. Add in eggs, one at a time. Next, add in vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- 4. Gradually add flour mixture and beat until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and pistachios. Scoop the dough into rounded tablespoons and place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Sprinkle each cookie with sea salt.
- 5. Bake cookies for 9-10 minutes, or until cookies are set, but still soft in the center. Don’t overbake. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 3 minutes. Move to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.