Chocolate Kiss Cookies
Chocolate Kiss Cookies-decadent chocolate cookies rolled in sprinkles and topped with a chocolate kiss. A fun cookie for the holidays or any day!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Dutch process or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup nonpareil sprinkles
- 25 Hershey's Kisses unwrapped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat baking mats and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or using a handheld mixer, beat the butter on medium-high speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the sugar and beat on medium-high speed until creamed, about 2 minutes. Add the egg yolk, milk, and vanilla extract, and beat on high speed until combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl and beat again as needed to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low speed until combined.
- Pour the sprinkles into a small bowl. Roll the balls of dough, about 3 teaspoons of dough per cookie, then roll each ball into the sprinkles to coat. Place the dough balls on the prepared baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Press the chocolate kisses into the center of each cookie. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Note-cookies will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.