Classic French Toast
This easy, light and fluffy French toast is a family favorite! Make it for breakfast today!
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon divided
- Pinch of salt
- 8 slices Brioche bread
- Unsalted butter for cooking
- Maple syrup powdered sugar, and berries for serving, if desired
- If using an electric griddle, preheat the griddle to 350 degrees F.
- In a shallow pan or pie plate, add the eggs, milk, vanilla, half of the cinnamon, and salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Dip each side of the bread in the egg mixture. Note-add the other half of the cinnamon after you have dipped half of your bread slices and mix again. This will make sure all of the slices get a good amount of cinnamon.
- Melt a little butter on the hot griddle or in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the French toast until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve the French toast warm with maple syrup, powdered sugar, and berries, if desired.
- Note-to keep the French toast warm, heat the oven to 200 degrees F. Place a wire rack on a large baking sheet and place the French toast on the rack. Keep warm in the oven for up to 30 minutes.