ZUCCHINI BREAD OATMEALDescription
Add veggies and volume to your morning bowl of oats with this zucchini bread oatmeal recipe. It’s hearty, filling and will keep you energized all morning!
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk (or water)
- 1/2 Tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1 Tablespoon almond butter or another type of nut butter
- Add oats, banana, zucchini, cinnamon and sea salt to a medium pot. Add almond milk/water and stir to combine. Heat over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed. Be sure to stir the oats several times while cooking to make sure the banana slices melt into the oats and oats don’t stick to the pot. You’ll know the oatmeal is done when all the liquid is absorbed and the oats are thick and fluffy.
- Portion oats into a bowl, top with chopped walnuts and almond butter and enjoy!