I like making short and easy weeknight dinners. My own family is going nuts for this flavor packed one pot dinner Weeknight tacky chook and Rice. Love that you received’t be making a huge mess within the kitchen with this one. One pot dinners are my favourite! I used a rotisserie fowl for the chicken in this recipe. sense free to cook dinner your personal if you desire. Pre-reducing your vegetables enables together with your prep time. hope you experience!
in case you would really like, this recipe makes a splendid freezer meal too. Make a double batch and freeze one dinner for yet again. best for giving to a chum in need as nicely. See other choosy Palate dinner recipes here.
Use cooked proteins from the grocery keep to assist keep time. we love to shop for a pair rotisserie chickens at the beginning of the week to apply for a pair dinners during the week.
Pre-chop veggies ahead of time. that is a massive time saver as nicely.
try to map out a meal plan at the beginning of the week so you aren't on the grocery store numerous instances shopping for groceries for dinner.
Course: Main Course
Keyword: chicken, dinner, quick fix meal, rice
Calories: 275 kcal
Author: Jenny Flake
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Saute carrots, celery, onions and garlic for 5 minutes until slightly softened.
- Pour in chicken broth and stir in rice. Cover with lid and cook for 15 minutes or until rice is cooked and liquid gone. Stir and season with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic salt and red pepper flakes.
- Stir in chicken and parsley. Top with cheese and cover with lid to melt. Remove lid and serve warm.