All the scrumptious flavors of your preferred fried chinese language eating place appetizer come collectively in a lighter, faster, one skillet meal! This “Egg Roll in a Bowl” is a short and healthful dinner that’s geared up in approximately 20 mins!
It’s like an egg roll with out the wrapper!
I genuinely can’t take credit score for this genius concept, considering that I’ve seen it plastered all over the internet in recent years. After a craving for chinese language meals hit me like a ton of bricks (do you ever get those?!), I decided that it became time to get inside the kitchen and create my own Egg Roll in a Bowl!
All of the delicious flavors of your favorite fried Chinese restaurant appetizer come together in a lighter, faster, one skillet meal! This "Egg Roll in a Bowl" is a quick and healthy dinner that's ready in about 20 minutes!
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Cook Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Servings 4 people
- Calories 204.8 kcal
- Author Blair
- 1 lb. ground turkey breast can substitute with ground chicken, ground beef, or ground pork
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil*
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic**
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ cup less sodium soy sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- ½ cup grated or “matchstick” carrots
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground meat and cook, stirring, until no longer pink. Drain; return meat to skillet.
- Add diced onion, sesame oil, and rice vinegar to the skillet. Cook, stirring, for a few more minutes (until onion is tender).
- Add garlic, ginger, soy sauce, hoisin sauce (optional), coleslaw mix, and carrots to the skillet. Cook, stirring, for about 5-7 more minutes, or until cabbage is wilted.
- Remove skillet from the heat. Stir in green onions and season with salt and pepper, to taste.