These Whole30 steak bites with sweet potatoes and peppers are one-skillet marvel you’ll return to time and again! clean, speedy, filling and nutritious, this is actually properly actual food at it’s maximum scrumptious.
Oh, hey there Whole30 pals! And non-Whole30 buddies! How about, howdy there friends who love real meals that’s speedy, clean, wholesome and loaded with flavor?? Yep – that works, due to the fact that’s exactly what we’re serving up nowadays.
these Whole30 steak bites are flavor-crammed, nutrient dense, and finger-licking delicious. With sweet potatoes, bell peppers, and a massive pop of cilantro, that is a quick and filling weeknight dinner recipe that everybody will love.
Whole30 Steak Bites with Sweet Potatoes and Peppers
This recipe for Whole30 steak bites is packed with tons of flavor and huge pops of vitamins thanks to colorful sweet potatoes and bell peppers. It's an easy, approachable weeknight dinner recipe that's ready in under 45 minutes.
- Course Dinner, Main Course
- Cuisine American, Paleo, Whole30
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cook Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Servings 4
- Calories 460 kcal
- Author Danielle
- 1 large sweet potato (about 12 ounces) diced into 1" pieces
- 1 tsp sea or kosher salt
- 1 lb flat iron steak diced into 1" pieces
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 bell peppers seeded and diced into 1" pieces
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- Place the diced sweet potatoes into a microwave safe bowl, then sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt. Cover with a plate and microwave on high until just barely tender, 4-6 minutes. Stir once halfway through. The potatoes are ready when you can piece one with the tip of a knife and meet just a bit of resistance. Take care not to overcook at this stage or they'll turn out mushy later.
- Heat a 12” skillet over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and heat until shimmering. Add the steak in a single layer. Cook, turning every two minutes, until the pieces are browned and the center is medium, about 10 minutes. Remove the steak from the skillet using a slotted spoon and set aside onto a plate.
- Add the third tablespoon olive oil to the skillet. Add the sweet potatoes, toss to coat in the fat and cook until browned, stirring occasionally, until browned, 3-4 minutes.
- Make a well in the center of the pan and add the garlic. Sautee, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the bell pepper and scallions and toss with the potatoes. Sautee, stirring occasionally, until the peppers are bite tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the steak and juices back to the pan along with the coconut aminos. Toss all ingredients and cook an additional 1- 2 minutes until the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the pepper and cilantro, toss, and remove from heat. Portion onto plates, top with additional fresh cilantro if desired, and serve immediately.