My son’s absolute favourite dinner, this healthful Mini Meatloaf is an easy recipe that warms you from the interior out! The easy weeknight meal is baked in a muffin pan so that it’s equipped in about half-hour!
If there’s ever a time for comfort food, then this is it! The bloodless and darkish winter evenings name for secure dinners that deliver anyone collectively around the table. And all through this era whilst you’re pulled in such a lot of special directions and also you’re indulging in so many decadent treats, a lighter, healthier supper is like a “reset” button in your frame.
Healthy Mini MeatloafThis Healthy Mini Meatloaf bakes in a muffin pan for an easy dinner recipe that's ready in 30 minutes!
Keyword Ground Beef Recipes, healthy meatloaf, mini meatloaf
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 6 (2 mini meatloaves per serving)
Calories 158.5 kcal
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef (I used 96 % lean)
- 1 small zucchini, finely grated (about ¾ cup grated)
- ½ cup finely chopped onion (I used frozen chopped onion for a short cut)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup breadcrumbs (I like Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, but you can use whole wheat Panko breadcrumbs, plain breadcrumbs, or whatever you have on hand)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons ketchup divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a standard 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place meat in a large bowl. Add zucchini, onion, egg, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the ketchup. Use your hands to gently combine. You don’t want to over-mix because the meat will become dry and tough.
- Press the ingredients into the prepared muffin cups. I like to use an ice cream scoop to portion the meat into each cup. Top each mini meatloaf with a dollop of the remaining ketchup.
- Place the muffin pan on a foil-lined baking sheet (to catch any drips).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until meatloaves are cooked through and a thermometer registers 160 degrees F.
- To prepare a single large meatloaf (rather than the mini meatloaves), simply shape the meat mixture into the shape of a loaf. Place on a rimmed baking sheet that has been lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes, or until the meatloaf reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
- To freeze, cool the loaves to room temperature, wrap them individually in plastic wrap, and freeze them in a resealable plastic bag. To reheat, simply remove the plastic and bake them on foil-lined baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. You can bake them directly from the freezer (still frozen). It should take about 20 minutes in a 350-degree F oven for the mini meatloaf to warm through.