CHICKEN SPAGHETTI CASSEROLE
- This casserole is pure comfort food. It's worth the extra half-hour at the gym!
- Course Main Course
- Cuisine American
- Keyword casserole, chicken, chicken spaghetti casserole
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Cook Time 35 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour
- Servings 6 servings
- Calories 486
- 7 ounces thin spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 2 10.75-ounce cans 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (can sub reduced fat)
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (san sub reduced fat)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, but only cook it until it's al dente (you still want a little bite to it). Drain the pasta and set it aside.
- Melt butter in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion, celery and bell peppers. Cook until the vegetables have softened, 4 to 5 minutes. In a medium bowl, mix milk and soup until smooth. Add this mixture to the vegetables in the pan. Stir in cheddar cheese. Continue to heat the mixture until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth. Add in chicken, pasta and tabasco, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle Jack cheese on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until the casserole is hot and bubbly and golden brown.